Mr Peter A Lugg - Executive Director
- Attended school in Birmingham, England.
- Early days- Joined St Stephen’s College, Delhi & completed BA (Hons) and MA degrees in English.
- Accepted a position as Lecturer in English in Delhi University
- Later joined Woodstock American International School in Mussoorie, a hill station nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Returned to England and taught English in Clacton-on-Sea, a coastal town in Essex.
- Accepted Vice-Principal’s position at Kodaikanal International School, one of the early IB curriculum schools in the Palani hills of Tamil Nadu in South India.
- 1996, joined GEMS as Principal of The Cambridge International School in Dubai
- 2000, Principal of The Cambridge High School , Abu Dhabi in 13 years and developed the school into one of the top six schools in the capital as rated by the Abu Dhabi Education Council’s Inspection Team from the U.K.
- September 2013, was promoted to the position of Vice-President of the GEMS Schools in Abu Dhabi.
overseeing the operations and development of 7 GEMS Schools
2 American Curriculum schools that offered the American High School Diploma and the IB Diploma
3 British Curriculum Schools that offered the IGCSE and Advanced Levels
2 Indian Curriculum School that offered the CBSE.
After 20 years with GEMS, and 46 years’ experience in education accepted the responsibility to establish & develop GEMS Modern Academy as the Executive director